Travel Terms & Covid Policy
1. All travel purchases to be made via a user registered account at www.mylocalflyer.co.uk. Upon purchase, a ticket will be produced which must be shown when boarding the vehicle either in printed form or on a smart phone / tablet device.
2. A minimum of two working days (Monday - Friday) are required to reserve a seat on a specific journey. A ticket can be purchased with the intention to use within two working days notice without specific seat reservation.
3. Tickets need not be allocated against a specific date and time but to do so will reserve a seat on this journey. Allocation of ticket(s) against a specific date and time need not be completed at time of purchase and can be managed through My Account at www.mylocalflyer.co.uk.
4. Tickets allocated to a specific date and time can be used on an alternative journey on the selected date only but without reserved seating. Tickets that are allocated against a selected date but unused cannot be reissued for a later date and will be deemed to be null and void. No refunds or credits are given for unused or cancelled tickets.
5. The valid till date on purchased ticket(s) is dependant on purchase date and selection of either 1 Day, 5 Day or 20 Day Ticket. Any ticket(s) that are unused after their valid till date will be deemed to be null and void.
6. A Single Journey 1 Day Ticket can be purchased when boarding the vehicle, subject to availability, at a cost of £3.00. Payment can be made either in cash or by debit / credit card (excluding American Express).
7. Any resident discount codes will be issued by or on behalf of Countryside / L&Q Direct. No discount code can be applied after purchase of ticket(s).
8. It is the customers responsibility to check that all details regarding their booking are correct. We take no responsibility for any incorrect information we may have been given.
9. Being a scheduled service we do operate as per our timetable. However, we take no responsibility for circumstances beyond our control which may affect the service or timetable. Ie. Traffic accidents, road closures, bad weather, etc.
10. Any left property will be returned to MyLocal Flyer - Avon Coaches Coach Depot, Danes Road, Romford RM7 0HL for the customer to collect. Perishable left property will be disposed of at the end of the day found. Any other items of left property will be held for a reasonable period of time.
11. Any refunds, if applicable, will only be transacted through Avon Coaches office.
12. MyLocal Flyer service is operated by Avon Coaches (Essex) Ltd. Payment receipts will show as from or to Avon Coaches (Essex) Ltd.
Our Covid Policy:
- Please do not travel if you have symptoms of the Coronavirus or have been in contact with someone who has.
- Passengers should monitor their own health and general wellbeing and should seek current medical/government guidance.
- A driver may refuse to board a passenger if they are displaying symptoms of the Coronavirus.
- Drivers may refuse to board a passenger/group if they do not feel safe or are threatened. Situations include but are not restricted to; being deliberately coughed on, spat on and touched or social distancing is deliberately ignored.
- Having used our service, should a passenger later display symptoms, we would ask they contact our office so we are able to inform employees that they have been in close proximity to.
- Face masks are mandatory and passengers will need to provide their own. Masks must be worn on board the vehicle throughout the length of your journey unless stipulated.
- If passengers fail to provide their own masks a disposable one may be provided for a fee, where available.
- When possible wash/sanitise your hands frequently and avoid touching your face and/or mask.
- Passengers should wait patiently and maintain a social distance from the driver, other passengers and members of the public before boarding.
- Passengers will be instructed to board and occupy seats to the rear of the vehicle first to minimise contact.
- Passengers are advised to stay within their ‘bubble’ group, if applicable.
- Hand sanitiser should be used as passengers board the vehicle.
- Passengers are not permitted to consume food and drink on the vehicle; dependant on health/medical reasons.
- Chewing gum is prohibited.
- Passengers should avoid loud talking, shouting or singing.
- Passengers should remain seated until the driver instructs you to disembark the vehicle.
- Passengers seated at the front will alight first; other passengers should remain seated to avoid blocking the aisle or being in close proximity to others.
- Passengers are advised to remove all personal belongings and PPE.
- Please ensure your membership card is sanitised before travel as the driver may need to handle it.
- Our drivers are provided with our Covid-19 company policy, regarding our safety measures and procedures, driver and customer policy.
- Our drivers are provided with PPE.
- Our drivers are temperature checked using a Non-Contact Forehead IR Thermometer before every shift.
- Our vehicles are disinfected regularly with an aerosol anti-viral solution which provides protection between clean.
- Our vehicles are inspected and disinfected at the beginning and end of a shift. This is in addition to standard cleaning procedures.
- Our drivers are equipped with cleaning materials on every vehicle and spare PPE.